[ckan-discuss] search operators

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Mon Jun 21 13:41:03 BST 2010

Olav,

Good question about searching. We went for a Google-style keyword
search in CKAN, hence none of the classic operators or wildcards. The
particular implementation of the stemming though we have is not set-up
for compound words in various languages and would take some resource
to sort out.

We are currently working hard on moving to SOLR search which provides
much greater flexibility in setup and other features such as true
faceted search. We're basing the indexing on AMQP message queues and
when that is complete we'll get SOLR set-up for the various languages.
To keep track of our progress, here's the ticket:
http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/ticket/353

David