[ckan-discuss] Plugins, new version (was: Re: Death to Blinker)

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Mon Oct 18 20:33:10 BST 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to call for some review on this refactoring in its current stage (it is implementing a very simple 2nd iteration of the plugin architecture and removed some complexity regarding queue notifications):

http://bitbucket.org/pudo/ckan/changeset/7e6f48a91222
http://bitbucket.org/pudo/ckan/changeset/993e47e61b5f

Although its currently implemented without any external dependencies (indeed removing the need for blinker), I could imagine pulling in this library before pushing to main:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyutilib.component.core/

This would then implement most of Rufus' original CEP 003, http://okfnpad.org/ckan-plugins

Opinions?

 Friedrich