[ckan-discuss] Successful CKAN instantiation

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Sep 3 14:50:45 BST 2010

cc'ing public ckan-discuss list

On 2 September 2010 22:20, Stefan Urbanek <stefan at agentfarms.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've successfully installed test CKAN instance:
> http://ckan.knowerce.com/

Great.

> Little bit fuzzy installation process, but without serious errors. It seems
> to work.
>
> I would like to set it up for gathering Slovak data sources. For that I will
> need to translate it into Slovak. Is there any translation guide? I see some
> ckan/i18n/* files, but they seem to be pre-generated with some localization
> tool.

http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/i18n/ may be useful

We could create a translation team on transifex for you if that would be useful.

> Also I am having couple of issues, such as
> "https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=......" displaying instead of some
> human readable user name. I've logged in using Google account. Is there any
> way to change my display name? I can not find it
> in http://ckan.knowerce.com/user

Unfortunately google generates these horrendous uuids. At the moment
you can't easily change it -- it's a pretty easy fix and one that has
now been requested a couple of times so we should do it asap :)

BTW: you can do openid delegation so your website is your openid
(though not sure this works will all openid providers):

<http://simonwillison.net/2006/dec/19/openid/>

> Database related: is there a way how to store data in a different database
> schema than "public" in postgres?

You can have any postgres db you want, not sure how easy it is to
change the pg schema being used ...

> I will have more questions later. As I do not want to bother you with them,
> what is the official mailing list/irc channel for this kind of qestions?

cc'ing this response.

There's also #ckan or #okfn on irc.oftc.net.

Open Knowledge Foundation