[ckan-discuss] Confusion regarding the use of provenance vocabulary for the CKAN metadata

Monika Solanki monika.solanki at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:04:26 BST 2011

 From what I read in the Open Provenance Model Vocabulary Specification at

http://open-biomed.sourceforge.net/opmv/ns.html,

it says  "... For the moment, we would recommend users to use the
Provenance Vocabulary for describing provenance of the Web of Data. ".
This Provenance vocabulary is the one available at,

http://trdf.sourceforge.net/provenance/ns.html,

which is also a much recent version.

I am confused now about why the Open Provenance Model Vocabulary
Specification has been used to describe the CKAN package metadata, given
the above recommendation, e.g.,

http://semantic.ckan.net/package/biolit

Surely there must be a valid reason?

Thanks,