[ckan-discuss] Format / resource type dilemma

Pablo Mendes pablomendes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:44:59 GMT 2011

I support Richard's proposal. If the values were in a dropdown, people
would likely find themselves more easily.

Wondering now if it's worth further slicing the orthogonality in the
resource types.

Resource type:
- File
- API
- Code
- Metadata

Intended use
- Example item
- Bulk access
- Documentation

That way, you can have a file with an example item, or a file with bulk
download. Documentation for an API or documentation for code, etc. An
example linked data resource URI could be provided by a file or an 'API'
(codeword for conneg)

This may be an overkill ,and the model is not as clean as it could be ,but
I'm in transit and decided for a half-baked thought over no input at all.

Cheers
Pablo