[ckan-discuss] New dataset catalog to add

McKeel, Ryan Ryan.McKeel at nrel.gov
Fri Dec 2 20:20:58 GMT 2011

Hello,

	I am new to this CKAN list, but I wanted to offer a dataset to be
potentially added to the lists at datacatalogs.org.  OpenEI.org carries a
broad variety of energy data, both in structured wiki format (which then
is translated into RDF and accessible at http://en.openei.org/sparql), and
in datasets, some of which are also accessible via RDF.
	I think OpenEI would be a good candidate for a listing of international
data catalogs, though the United States catalog would also work to post it
since it carries a variety of U.S. national information also.
http://en.openei.org/services gives details on how to access the data,
though we are working on more easily accessible developer resources.
	OpenEI is also on the linked open data chart at linkeddata.org.

Thanks for your consideration!

  Ryan

Ryan McKeel ‹ Senior Web Applications Engineer ‹ National Renewable Energy
Laboratory, Data Analysis and Visualization Group ‹ Phone: 303-275-3819