[ckan-discuss] 2 thedatahub questions

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Tue Dec 6 11:48:32 GMT 2011

On 6 December 2011 10:57, Ton Zijlstra <ton.zijlstra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> (is there a general mailinglist for datahub questions btw? Or should I just
> post them in the CKAN dev list?)

Yes the ckan-discuss list is best for non-coding questions about CKAN.

> I've got two questions, resulting from attempting to upload a bunch of
> datasets to thedatahub.org
>
> 1) How do I delete a record. (It took me a while before I realized that I
> can upload several files under one record, and don't need to do them
> seperately. Which
> means http://thedatahub.org/dataset/nederlandse-nutrientenlijst-2011-3-0 can
> be deleted.

See the wiki for instructions:
http://wiki.ckan.org/Managing_Data_Packages#How_do_I_Delete_a_package_.3F

We've been wanting a 'delete' button for a while to make the UX
better, so if anyone has a chance to code this up...
http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1425

> 2) I've repeatedly tried to upload data files
> to http://thedatahub.org/dataset/edit/nederlands-voedingstabel-2011-3-0 but
> that doesn't work at all. The upload counter goes to 100% and then it just
> stalls. Maybe something went wrong because of an interruption in my
> connectivity during the first attempt? How to fix this?

Yes, I've tried this a few times too and failed, although Rufus says
it works for him.
@Rufus - can you check this?

David