[ckan-discuss] field for data owner?

Olav Anders Øvrebø olav.ovrebo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:30:34 GMT 2011

Hi,
when adding new packages I keep noticing that a field is missing. I want to
register information on who the data owner is (usually a public sector
agency), but there is no field for that. Usually I write who the owner is in
the notes field and maybe as a tag, but that's not really satisfactory.

Anybody have thoughts on this?

The "Author" field will do if the it is a representative of the owner who is
adding the package, but in a citizen-driven catalogue usually others will be
adding.

By the way, the "Author" field is confusing. If I am adding a package that
is published by a public sector agency, I don't want to list myself as "The
permanent contact name for enquiries about this particular dataset." It is
also too much work to research who that contact name may be.

Olav