[ckan-discuss] CKAN on Wikipedia?

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Tue Feb 15 01:38:39 GMT 2011

On Tuesday, 15 February 2011 at 2:31 PM, Jonathan Gray wrote:
Should CKAN have a page on Wikipedia?

+1

Let the deletionists take us down if they want, but I think the project certainly meets the criteria. The system has been adopted by many of the world's governments. That'll be more than enough.

>  Do you think we meet the
> notability requirements? Obviously this couldn't be created by the
> core team (due to Wikipedia's editing policies), but I wonder if its
> worth thinking about officially proposing a page?
Wikipedia's first rule is "be bold". Just make the changes. They have a very good process for filtering new pages. They can make the case for deletion if editors' feel it is warranted.

--
Tim McNamara
@timClicks