[ckan-discuss] Building CKAN's user community?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Feb 24 12:50:52 GMT 2011

On 22 February 2011 21:28, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi all,

Great to start this thread Jonathan. IMO the key things are:

1. Community evangelism -- talking specific people about CKAN and the
wider vision about getting, using and sharing data.
2. Providing some structure around the development CKAN the software
3. Structure/community practices around CKAN.net - the network of CKAN sites

I think having a designated community coordinator (or coordinators)
would contribute on all (3) of these items but especially (1) and (3).

Regards,

Rufus

> I've recently been speaking to some of the core CKAN developers and
> have suggested that the project could benefit from a more proactive
> approach to growing and strengthening its community of users. Rufus
> and I and others try to do as much as we can to tell people about the
> project, but I think it might arguably be time that we had a dedicated
> person to help to do this (and I for one am not able to do as much as
> I'd like, due to other commitments!).

[...]