[ckan-discuss] DOI Systems

Michael Hausenblas michael.hausenblas at deri.org
Wed Nov 30 15:02:29 GMT 2011

> ... a recent paper I read but forgot the title and haven't
> bookmarked it (the paper compared DOIs, URIs, URNs and many more
> identifier systems how well they are suited for scientific data in
> terms of usability, persistence, etc. - if anyone remembers, please
> share ;)

Thanks to a related paper suggestion by Aleksander who mailed me off-
list I was now able to find it again:

[[
On the utility of identification schemes for digital earth science
data: an assessment and recommendations
]]

http://www.springerlink.com/content/52760gq3h200gw38/

Good and comprehensive review, I suggest you have a look at that as
well, Lucy ...

Cheers,
	Michael
--