[ckan-discuss] In which CKAN instance to describe a dataset?

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Mon Oct 3 11:11:19 BST 2011

Jindrich,

Yes, I agree this sounds (on balance) more suited to the Czech CKAN
instance, but it's up to you.

On the more general question of whether metadata should all be harvested
(copied) onto thedatahub.org, this may work fine in a 'hub and spoke' CKAN
model, but maybe not ideal when considering the existence of many other
carefully curated metadata hubs in the world and the proliferation of
metadata formats (RDF, dcat etc). I believe this was discussed at the meetup
on this in Edinburgh in February and the rough conclusion was to keep the
metadata decentralised, but with a federated search. This was generally
favoured over all data hubs working to replicate the metadata from all the
others. @Will do correct me if I'm wrong here.

David