[ckan-discuss] Translators needed!

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Mon Oct 3 11:53:26 BST 2011

On 3 October 2011 01:17, Augusto Herrmann <augusto.herrmann at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> A Brazilian Portuguese translation sprint for the .5 version of CKAN
> is underway at this very moment. Nitai and me from the Brazilian
> Ministry of Planning, Budget and Management are working on it. The 1.4
> branch was at 98% and we got it to 100% as well.
>
> Shameless plug: just last friday we undertook a sprint for the CKAN
> theme customization for the (alpha) Brazilian Open Data Portal.
> Participation on the sprints is open to anyone who would want to join!
> A quick report and photos here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/lista-inda-gt3/browse_thread/thread/67c5dc3881b57dfb#
>
> Result of the CKAN theming: http://alpha.dados.gov.br/dados/

Augusto,
Great to see this really coming on - lots of nice touches here! It looks
like you are well on the way to finishing dados.gov.br.

> Code and repository: http://dev.dados.gov.br/codigo/dev/tema-ckan/summary
>
> PS: David, when we are finished with the translation, perhaps we could
> upgrade de http://br.ckan.net community instance as well?

Of course - no problem. You're on CKAN 1.2 there. We can put you on 1.4.3,
or 1.5 will be ready in a couple of weeks.

@Rufus: I tried Augusto's theme with the CKAN 1.5 beta and get an error with
c.facets being missing. I assume this is to do with the changes you've made
to the CKAN theme interface, needed for your revamp of the default CKAN
theme (with Tom Rees). Can you say something about how the changes will
affect all existing themes and whether it is easy to migrate?

David