[ckan-discuss] Translators needed!

Augusto Herrmann augusto.herrmann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:32:23 BST 2011

Hi.

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:53 AM, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:
> Augusto,
> Great to see this really coming on - lots of nice touches here! It looks
> like you are well on the way to finishing dados.gov.br.

Thanks to the efforts of all the people who volunteered for it! We
plan to write about the whole story sometime and perhaps do another
guest post on the OKFn blog about it.

The portal should launch this December.

>> PS: David, when we are finished with the translation, perhaps we could
>> upgrade de http://br.ckan.net community instance as well?
> Of course - no problem. You're on CKAN 1.2 there. We can put you on 1.4.3,
> or 1.5 will be ready in a couple of weeks.

I think we can wait for 1.5. All the data packages and resources can
be carried over from the 1.2 version, right?

> @Rufus: I tried Augusto's theme with the CKAN 1.5 beta and get an error with
> c.facets being missing. I assume this is to do with the changes you've made
> to the CKAN theme interface, needed for your revamp of the default CKAN
> theme (with Tom Rees). Can you say something about how the changes will
> affect all existing themes and whether it is easy to migrate?
> David

Since we'll launch in December, we are considering upgrading CKAN to
1.5 before then. Hopefully, some of the work already done on theming
1.4.2 can be used?

Back on the subject of translations, I was very uncertain as how to
translate the string "Slug *", devoid of any context. Where does this
string appear in the CKAN interface? For the moment, I left the pt_BR
translation as a copy of the "Slug *" english string.

Best regards,
Augusto Herrmann