[ckan-discuss] Next steps on datacatalogs.org?

John Glover john.glover at okfn.org
Tue Oct 11 10:24:36 BST 2011

Hey all,

We're planning to do some work on datacatalogs.org this week, so just
wondering if anyone has any suggestions or feature requests.

Top of the list so far we have:

* Upgrade to a newer version of CKAN.
* Enable groups - so we can have, e.g. curated list of official data
catalogues in UK, US, etc.
* Add something like 'resource' so we can add details of how to bulk
download the metadata of a data catalogue.

On the wish list (unlikely to have the time to do this now, but good
to have when planning future updates):

* Update geospatial data to take full advantage of new CKAN features
(http://wiki.ckan.org/Geospatial_Capabilities).

Does anyone have anything else to add to the list?

Cheers,
John