[ckan-discuss] sudo apt-get install data-pkg

Pablo Mendes pablomendes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 12:39:38 BST 2011

> making triples like those from DBPedia automatically install into Virtuoso
> is another story

Interesting take. So far I have thought of this in the other direction.
Whoever has the dependency on the data and Virtuoso would take care of the
etc.) and other dependencies on debian packages. The software that uses it
is supposed to grab them and do something. That way, the responsibility of
processing the downloaded dependencies (e.g. loading data) would lie on the
app (e.g. DBpedia Spotlight) that depends on the data (e.g. DBpedia) and on
a triple store (e.g. Virtuoso). That is the same way that a LAMP app needs
to deploy itself to /var/www and run an import script to the mysql database.

However, in the triple store market, the vendor that implemented such
automation-friendly utilities would likely win karma points.

Cheers,
Pablo