[ckan-discuss] Password reset & requiring an e-mail address

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Thu Sep 8 12:16:44 BST 2011

On thedatahub.org we recently added a 'password reset' feature,
although it obviously requires users to have added their e-mail
addresses to their account for it to work. Do you think we should
require people to provide their e-mail address when they register on
CKAN? Otherwise, if a user loses his/her password or user name, the
account is lost, and he/she has to register a new one. Or is requiring
an e-mail address an unnecessary hoop to jump through to adding
datasets? Views welcome,