[ckan-discuss] Open data sets with info on MEPs?

stef stefan.marsiske at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:09:56 BST 2011

hey,

yes, we have full dumps - generated daily: http://parltrack.euwiki.org/dumps/
also on ckan:
http://ckan.net/dataset/european-parlament-legislative-activities

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 07:57:20PM +0200, Friedrich Lindenberg wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> there are at least two sources worth mentioning: memopol/parltrack and
> ItsYourParliament. I'm not sure memopol (http://memopol2.lqdn.fr/) has
> an API yet,

very rudimentary, individual meps can be dumped as json.

you can find memopol here: http://memopol2.lqdn.fr/
it takes it's data mostly from parltrack dumps itself, but augments some of
the ngo specific data from legacy dbs (also available for download, but mostly
historical value)

> but stef (CC) will definetly provide you with a dump. IYP
> has an API at http://api.epdb.eu/ but I cannot find MEPs mentioned in
> it on first glance.
>
> - Friedrich
>

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Erik Wesselius
> <erik at corporateeurope.org> wrote:
> > Florian Engel of more-onion.at wonders if an open dataset with info on MEPs
> > does exist. He is looking for contact info in particular (surprise ;-))
> >
> > I have looked around but couldn't find such info in an up-to-date
> > spreadsheet.

it's not a spreadsheet though. it's very structured, and thus quite difficult
to represent in a flat spreadsheet.

> > Please let me know if such open data sets on MEPs are available?

i hope my answer is satisfactory.

--
gpg: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
gpg fp: F617 AC77 6E86 5830 08B8  BB96 E7A4 C6CF A84A 7140