[ckan-discuss] v1.5 alpha now on http://thedatahub.org/ - feedback wanted

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Sep 15 09:10:31 BST 2011

Hi All,

As some people may have already noticed yesterday we upgraded the
<http://thedatahub.org/>.

It is now running the alpha of v1.5 -- our next major release. The big
news (at least versus v1.4.3 -- lots more has been done since v1.4!)
is:

i) a new theme and rename throughout the site of package to dataset
ii) much improved user experience around adding and editing datasets
iii) integrated file upload as part of dataset creation and editing

This is an alpha release and there are likely to be issues so it would
be great if people could take a look around and report any issues:

<http://ckan.okfnpad.org/release-v1-5>

Note: if you want to try creation and uploading and don't have a
genuine dataset to do this with you can just head over to
test.ckan.net and practice there (test login: user/password = tester /
tester).