[ckan-discuss] Translators needed!

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Fri Sep 30 18:50:10 BST 2011

CKAN has a much improved UI now, which is great, but on the down-side all
the new bits of text are missing language translations. thedata.hub.org is
used for open data across the world and whilst it is 92% translated into
German and Czech, it's only about 50% for Italian and Dutch, 40% for Spanish
and as low as 25% for French. We'd love to see a Polish translation started,
since it's so popular in Europe, and no-one has volunteered Mandarin yet...!
So if you do speak another language, please help spread the international
message of open data by translating CKAN!

How it works:
1. See how complete (or not!) your language is here:
http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/ckan/resource/1-5/<https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/ckan/resource/1-5/>
2. Sign up to the translation site Transifex:
http://www.transifex.net/accounts/login/?next=/projects/p/ckan/resource/1-5/
3. Apply to join one of the CKAN translation teams - there is one per
language. You'll have to wait to be approved by me or another admin, I'm
afraid, but it won't be long!
4. Translate the CKAN strings in Transifex (there are about 470 strings, but
many are just one word)
5. I'll update thedatahub.org with the new translation and any other CKAN
sites that want the update too.