[ckan-discuss] spam on no.ckan.net (Sean Hammond)

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Jun 11 19:10:04 BST 2012

> > I tried to change user authorization in the Admin panel now. Changed role
> > of "Visitor" to "Reader" only, but it doesn't seem to take effect, I can
> > still edit when I am not logged in.
>
> I'll change the configuration of no.ckan.net for you, I just have to
> look into it first and decide which is the best solution, given that
> we're going to be upgrading you to CKAN 1.7.1 soon as well..

Hmm, following the instructions here:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.5.1/authorization.html#openness-modes

I've both changed the default roles in the ini file and changed the
existing rights so that the "visitor" user is only a "reader" for all
groups, packages and the system object, and is not an editor or
anon_editor for anything. But somehow, you can still add datasets to
no.ckan.net without logging in.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

I wonder if this is a bug in CKAN 1.5.1. If no one else has any ideas,
I'll look into it further tomorrow.