[ckan-discuss] installation from source changed in git master

Uwe Geuder 2hsfka7m5g at snkmail.com
Thu Jun 28 17:57:42 BST 2012

Thanks Toby and Sean for your quick replies. I have left the office 45
mins ago, well that was the plan..., so let me answer only quickly to the
first question. Sorry, I might not be able to read your whole answer
carefully before Monday because of a conference trip.

On 28 June 2012 17:49, Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org wrote:

> Does your script create a virtualenv with the --no-site-packages option?

Actually I had added this option as advised in the new installation
instructions. However, it caused a warning: "Option deprecated. This
is the default now" (quoted from memory). I believe the results were
identical with and without the option (just from looking at them, I
have not stored the results and run a diff). If the warning tells the
truth the option should indeed be without any effect for my version of
virtualenv, which should be current:

wget https://raw.github.com/pypa/virtualenv/master/virtualenv.py

Regards,

Uwe Geuder