[ckan-discuss] Help with enabling file upload

Haq, Salman Salman.Haq at neustar.biz
Mon Mar 19 16:14:44 GMT 2012

Hi,

So I've got a fresh CKAN instance running. When I try to upload resource files for my dataset, I get the following error: "Failed to get credentials for storage upload. Upload cannot proceed."

Following the directions on [1], I added the following lines to my instance's .ini file:

ckan.storage.bucket = /var/local/ckanstd
ofs.impl = pairtree
ofs.storage_dir = /var/local/ckanstd

And installed pairtree library:

sudo -u ckanstd /var/lib/ckan/std/pyenv/bin/pip install -E /var/lib/ckan/std/pyenv pairtree --log=/tmp/pip-log.txt
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): pairtree in /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6
Cleaning up...

So it would appear that the library was already installed.

I then restarted apache and tried to upload a file again. However, I still get the same error. I'm not sure what I've misconfigured here. Hopefully it's an easy one to spot for somebody on the list.

Thanks,
Shaq

[1] http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/filestore.html