[ckan-discuss] [okfn-discuss] Request: Volunteers to curate open/public data sources to support Hurricane Sandy recovery

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 12:02:01 GMT 2012

Hi,

I don't have tons of time available, specially next weekend, but I'll
be happy to help curating a group on the DataHub with Sandy related
datasets.

I've created this group to get started:

http://thedatahub.org/group/sandy-response-data

Right now everybody can edit it and add datasets to it, this can be
changed later if necessary. @Tim if you send me your datahub user I
can add you as administrator.
Note that datasets can be part of more than one group, so perhaps it
will make sense to create groups for each event if that's helps.

Note that if there is tabular data available it can be imported to the
datastore [1], providing an API that can be useful to build mashups or
apps.

Adrià

[1] http://ckan.org/2012/10/26/introducing-the-new-datastore/