[ckan-discuss] Groups on the the Datahub

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 20:54:32 GMT 2013

I think spam has been an issue on datahub.io for quite a while now, part of the
problem with keeping it open I suppose.  As there are quite a few
demo/test/beta sites for the upcoming v2 of CKAN, might it make sense to use
datahub.io for a different purpose?  In particular I am thinking that it might
make a nice place for the academic community to aggregate datasets from the
individual institutional repositories.

There currently isn't a demo CKAN install showing the benefits of CKAN for
research data and perhaps the academic community could take over management of
it and keeping it up to date?  The ckanext-datahub extension would also be a
good place to centralise some of the features specific to the needs of the
research community.

Happy to help if I can, although I'm not volunteering to manage the server ;)

Ross