[ckan-discuss] problem implimenting WMS preview

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Fri Oct 25 10:29:20 BST 2013

Hi Andrew,

Sorry, I could not reproduce the error. The widget loads for me with
this WMS service, but the actual service can not be previewed because
of limitations on the viewer.

As stated in the docs, the WMS viewer shipped with ckanext-spatial is
just a proof of concept [1]. There are some examples in the docs of
projects which have integrated better viewers.
BTW, if you think it will be a good a addition to have, you can vote
for it on the roadmap card [2]

Adrià

[1] http://docs.ckan.org/projects/ckanext-spatial/en/latest/previews.html#wms-preview
[2] https://trello.com/c/mLba4ufr/21-wms-preview-work-integration