[ckan-discuss] CKAN on Windows and SQL Server

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 17:04:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

I think there is v.little chance that CKAN will work on MS SQL Server as it relies on features of Postgres. I’m also not sure that it’ll still run on Windows (it did once but I don’t think it was heavily used or maintained).

Perhaps running in a virtual machine might be a workable solution if they insist on running on Windows?  If so it might also be worth running a later version of CKAN (2.2 is due soon) as it is far better and easy to use than the 1.x versions which are no longer maintained.

Ross.