[ckan-discuss] Multiple authors etc

Mark Wainwright mark.wainwright at okfn.org
Wed Jan 8 16:44:22 UTC 2014

I guess that's right - it seems that people are using it, anyway. It
seems to me its intended meaning is not very well-defined, (partly
because its original intended meaning really was as a badly-named
extra author field,) but maybe that's not a good enough reason to get
rid of it at this point.

On thinking about Ross's suggested principle (that everything in the
default schema should be in the default UI) I think that's very
sensible - basically, when you take CKAN out of the box, it shows you
everything it's got. Of course that's orthogonal to the question of
whether to enable multiple authors (which would require a change to
the schema anway), which I think is a no-brainer.

Mark