[okfn-cz] Fwd: Register for TransparencyCamp 2012!

M.Skop KohoVolit.eu michal.skop at kohovolit.eu
Mon Feb 13 20:07:05 UTC 2012

FYI
M.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Register for TransparencyCamp 2012!
Date: 	Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:01:44 -0500
From: 	Laurenellen McCann, Sunlight Foundation
<info at sunlightfoundation.com>
To: 	Michal Skop <michal.skop at kohovolit.eu>

Hi Michal,

For the past few years, people from all across the country (and the
world!) have traveled to the Washington, DC area to join together to
discuss solutions and best practices for creating government
transparency. *This year, we want you to join us.*

*TransparencyCamp 2012*
April 28th - 29th, 2012
at Founder's Hall, George Mason University
<http://organizing.sunlightfoundation.com/page/m/64f58860/28899db3/33b3f5b5/68028854/77698988/VEsH/>
Arlington, VA
(All welcome!
<http://organizing.sunlightfoundation.com/page/m/64f58860/28899db3/33b3f5b5/68028855/77698988/VEsE/>)

*Sign up for TransparencyCamp 2012 today at
http://transparencycamp.org.*
<http://organizing.sunlightfoundation.com/page/m/64f58860/28899db3/33b3f5b5/68028855/77698988/VEsF/>

"TransparencyCamp" (AKA "TCamp") is our flagship community event, and, I
gotta say, it's an incredible experience. TCamp brings together people
working for open government from a myriad of different perspectives --
government officials, journalists, technologists, developers, wonks,
academics, students and activists (to name a few) -- and creates space
for open conversation and next-step taking.

A transparent and open government -- be it local, state, national or
international -- depends on a strong community of advocates that learn
from each other and work together to create the kind of open systems we
want to see. If you've got the passion to help fight for that change,
then you should be at TransparencyCamp.

*Support opengov in your community. Register for TCamp12 now.*
<http://organizing.sunlightfoundation.com/page/m/64f58860/28899db3/33b3f5b5/68028855/77698988/VEsC/>

Already got an idea for a session you'd like to lead (or see led) at
TCamp? Head here to submit your idea and vote for others that you like
<http://organizing.sunlightfoundation.com/page/m/64f58860/28899db3/33b3f5b5/68028856/77698988/VEsD/>.
The most popular sessions will help us kick off the conference.

TCamp tickets are only $20. We keep the cost of tickets low because we
don't want a pricetag to prevent anyone from participating. The reality,
though,*is that the actual cost for each TCamp attendee is more than $85
per camper*. *If you want to help us make it easier for members of our
community to attend TCamp, consider donating as a Super Camper
<http://organizing.sunlightfoundation.com/page/m/64f58860/28899db3/33b3f5b5/68028857/77698988/VEsA/>.*

A donation over $20 helps defray the costs of Camp and helps support our
TCamp Scholarship program, which provides a partial travel stipend to
opengov advocates. Interested in applying for a scholarship? Click here
to learn more
<http://organizing.sunlightfoundation.com/page/m/64f58860/28899db3/33b3f5b5/68028857/77698988/VEsB/>.

Hope to see you in April!

Laurenellen, Nicole and the rest of the Sunlight Team

P.S. -- Calling all developers and technologists! If you're coming to
TCamp, get extra bang for your buck by staying an additional day to
participate in the Voting Information Project Hackathon on April 30th.
Learn more: http://transparencycamp.org/viphackathon/,
<http://organizing.sunlightfoundation.com/page/m/64f58860/28899db3/33b3f5b5/68028850/77698988/VEsO/>

This email was sent to:
michal.skop at kohovolit.eu