[okfn-discuss] Any suggestions for off-the-shelf registration form code?

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Wed Oct 18 05:03:19 UTC 2006

<quote who="Rufus Pollock" date="Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 05:56:04PM +0100">
> We've got various events coming up including the forum on civic
> information in November. It would be useful to have some way for people
> to register themselves. In the past we've either:
>
>   1. Just asked people to email
>   2. Thrown together a php script to do this
>
> (1) is rather time consuming (particularly if you need to send
> acknowledgements etc) while with (2) one often finds that the form ends
> up getting spammed to death (the moral of this seems to be that it is
> harder than one might imagine to write something simple and robust).
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for existing code 'out there' that
> could be used?

Debian conferences use this:
  http://www.comas-code.org/

I suspect it might be a lot more than you want and since I've never
been involved in Debconf organization, I can't speak to it either
positively or negatively.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS