[okfn-discuss] Re: post Open Knoweldge 1.0 pub location (was: OKFN open thing)

Saul Albert saul at theps.net
Fri Feb 16 16:37:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 12:17:08PM +0000, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> SteveC wrote:
> >am concerned there is no pub social time, and that limehouse is a crappy
> >venue for it (IIRC theres just that pub when you come out turn right

In limehouse itself there are two options, both bad:

The Urban Bar: zebra stripes.
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/36/3690/5b_Urban_Bar/Limehouse

The Star of the East: spit and sawdust.
(not even mentioned online! must be that dodgy. actually I like this
one).

Further west along Commercial Road is a really nice pub: the George
Tavern.
http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/info_pubbar_1613.html

I suggest that might be the best place to meet afterwards. There's
usually a good party there on a Saturday night.

Saul.

--
The People Speak   | 17-25 Cremer St.  London E2 8HD | http://theps.net
studio +44 (0)20 71007915 | saul: +44 (0)7941 255210 | ms at theps.net