[okfn-discuss] Guide to open licensing

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Sep 3 16:41:02 UTC 2007

Jonathan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> At the suggestion of some people from the One Laptop Per Child project,
> I've recently been working on a very basic Guide to open licensing,
> which can be found here:
>
>   http://www.opendefinition.org/guide

This looks really excellent Jonathan. My one question is as to whether
give we are being so general (e.g. open license as opposed to open
content license) whether we want to be more explicit the fact that this
is also dealing with other material such as data (i know we've got a
link at the bottom to the guide to open data licensing ...).

Seeing this I also wonder whether we should try integrating the Open
Data stuff. If we were to add a section on copyright we'd then have a
nice structure with the general intro you've already written followed by
(perhaps on subpages) sections dealing specifically with e.g. content,
data, copyright, database rights etc.

[snip]

~rufus