[okfn-discuss] Open Scholarly Communities on the Web in Oxford on Monday/Tuesday

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Apr 18 18:13:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

Paolo D'Iorio, of the Discovery Project [1] has just emailed me to let
me know he's going to be speaking in Oxford on Monday and Tuesday at an
event called 'Open Scholarly Communities on the Web: Legal, Social and
Economic Framework':

   http://www.cost-a32.eu/meetings.html

I will definitely be going, and thought this might be of interest to
others on the list. (It would be great to meet in the evening if any of
you were around!)

Blurb is attached below.

Warm regards,

Jonathan

[1] http://www.discovery-project.eu/

---

Open Scholarly Communities on the Web: Legal, Social and Economic Framework
(21 and 22 April 2008, Oxford, UK).

Working Group 3

The first meeting of WG3, will be devoted to analyzing the current
debate on the legal, economic and social conditions for setting-up open
scholarly communities on the web, to define a work plan and a roadmap,
and to share responsibilities and commitments. Day one of the meeting
will be open to the public and consist of presentations by experts in
the field and discussion, while day 2 will be a smaller group devoted to
deeper discussion and mapping of a plan of action.

Download the Meeting Program