[okfn-discuss] Changing license

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Wed Apr 30 10:59:44 UTC 2008

Francis Irving wrote:
> Two things..
>
> 1. I couldn't find an actual link to this page, just John's link in
> his email. Should it be visible in the user interface to project
> admins?
> http://www.knowledgeforge.net/project/kforge/edit/

Do you not see an 'Edit this project' button at the bottom of this page?
http://www.knowledgeforge.net/project/ukparse/

You're an Administrator on that project, so there should be.

> 2. Are pages like http://kforge.net/project/ukparse/ cached, as I
> can't see the change yet?

KForge doesn't cache anything, at least. But nevertheless, it still
looks like GPL from here.

If you visit the project edit page again, does the new selection show in
the form field?

>> Currently KForge does 1/2 while CKAN does 3 for software but 1/2 for
>> content/data. It would nice to have a common approach for the two sites
>> (and for elsewhere). What do people think?
>>

> I would keep it simple, just include the major licenses, but have a
> link saying "Want us to add a new license here?"

Thanks, I created a KForge ticket for this suggestion:
http://project.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/ticket/64

J.