[okfn-discuss] Mendely: beyond PDF, annotations in general, other thoughts (some OT)

Philippe Aigrain philippe.aigrain at sopinspace.com
Fri Dec 4 17:44:13 GMT 2009

Does not fit your imemdiate needs of annotating PDF, but in our new
version of the co-ment annotation system, we took a strong orientation
of using simple structured text formats such as markdown. For PDFs
containing text, it is relatively easy to go PDF to markdown. Of course
for PDF containing images of texts, this is another story.

See www.co-ment.net for existing co-ment
www.co-ment.org for future version

Main lesson: authors should publish (p)reprints in latex or other
structured text formats rather than as PDF.

Philippe Aigrain