[okfn-discuss] OKCon 2011 in Berlin

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 27 10:20:58 UTC 2011

I am certainly very interested. This is a particularly good opportunity to
foster activity. For example Daniel Mietchen and I are running a session on
Open Theses in April at EURODOC and I think this would be a great thing to
encourage.

Also Adrian Pohl has been outstanding in pushing Principles of Open
Bibliographic Data and I'd see this as a place where real activity could
take place.

Of course this is not only Germany but it has a distinguished recent history
on Openness. I am reminded how "mapping parties" in Germany for
OpenStreetmap became popular and helped to consolidate the world movement.
So I think we should come up with ideas for various communal activities and
thake this to as wide a community as possible.

P.

Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry