[okfn-discuss] Aaron Swartz - should OKFN take a position?

William Waites ww at styx.org
Tue Jul 26 10:59:33 BST 2011

More appropriate, perhaps, and more interesting because the
motivtations are more clear-cut, would be some sort of statement on
the release of the Royal Society's Philosophical Transactions.

OKFN supports the public domain and the release of out of copyright
works and I think it is reasonably clear that it would be wrong of
either the RS or JSTOR or both to try to restrict access to humanity's
shared scientific and cultural heritage in this way.

-w

William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>
http://river.styx.org/ww/        <sip:ww at styx.org>