[okfn-discuss] Volunteers session on IRC/Skype

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Tue Sep 13 07:01:36 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Every Tuesday from 5pm/7pm UK time - the OKF will be holding a
'volunteers evening' via Skype & IRC.

We have many ways that you can get involved, so please drop in if you
have some free time and would like to get hands-on!

The two main focuses this week will be:

## Non-technical (via Skype, please add me - 'lucyfediachambers' and
send me a message if you would like to join!)

One year ago, at the Open Government Data Camp, we shot a film about
opendata. Many volunteers chimed in to help translate it and now - we
need to input the translations onto the film.
(http://opengovernmentdata.org/film/)

We are using Universal Subtitles - which is a fantastic piece of kit
and requires no prior knowledge of subtitling, it's really easy! The
languages we still need to input are: Danish, Estonian, Latvian,
Lithuanian, Romanian, Slovakian & Slovenian.

If anyone speaks any of these languages, or is willing to have a go
with the aid of Google translate (as I have been doing for the
others!),  please let me know! If you can't make the session, but
would still like to help, please also let me know :)

## More technical (via IRC, please join the #okfn room on
irc.freenode.net and say 'hi')

Join the webmin team! We are particularly looking for people with
knowledge about squid/varnish, wordpress, moinmoin/mediawiki,
postgres-redundancy but if you have another talent and spot somewhere
it can be used, please come along!

Looking forward to seeing some of you later,

All the best,

Lucy

--
Lucy Chambers