[okfn-discuss] [okfn-help] Flattr Buttons on OKFN Site

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Feb 21 10:08:24 UTC 2012

On 20 February 2012 23:44, Sam Leon <sam.leon at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> To anyone's knowledge, have we ever implemented Flattr buttons on any Open
> Knowledge Foundation site?

+1 -- been thinking about this for ages :-)

More generally a standard little header we could drop in that included
donate, links to other project etc. (This could also be done in the
footer). We already did a first pass at this ages ago thanks to
Friedrich, see the bar on e.g.:

<http://annotateit.org/>

This was a simple bit of js/css:

<https://bitbucket.org/okfn/assets.okfn.org/src/7bb5c45a2944/banner>

> I think it would be a good way to augment the donations we receive from
> other sources.
>
> It would also be great to hear about people's experiences with Flattr. I for
> one haven't used it in the past but would be very keen to take advantage of
> such an interesting micro-payments system.

Yes, I'd be interested to having never used it yet.

Rufus

> Please do also raise your voice if you have any reservations to the use of
> Flattr!
>
> Sam
>
> --
> Sam Leon