[okfn-discuss] Fundraising Platforms

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Thu Feb 23 19:32:37 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

The important question has been raised recently about how the Open
Knowledge Foundation and its projects should run target specific
fundraising campaigns.

Currently a number of projects offer project specific PayPal donation
buttons on their sites (e.g. The Public Domain
Review<http://publicdomainreview.org/support/>),
but there is sometimes need to run more target orientated campaigns, along
the lines of  "if we get £X we will do Y".

A couple of platforms have been put forward as good candidates including Kick
Starter <http://www.kickstarter.com/> and Sponsume Me<http://www.sponsume.com/>
.

*Does anyone have other suggestions of fundraising platforms that offer
good value and would be appropriate for the Open Knowledge Foundation to
use?*
*
*
Look forward to hearing lots of ideas!