[okfn-discuss] Fundraising Platforms

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton137 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 03:26:29 UTC 2012

2012/2/24 elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org>:

>> The brazillian scene of crowdsourcing is still growing... but we do have
>> some good platforms:
>>
>> http://catarse.me/pt
>>
>> Was the one we used for the Hacker Bus. And it is opensource. So we could
>> deploy our own?

I think catarse is a good idea to analyse and we should talk to
developers from http://br.ulule.com/ , based in Paris. I've talked to
them just before the last OKCon and I think it's worth trying also. I
remember another French crowdsourcing site that was going to be
released while I was in La Cantine in June 2011, I will remember later
anf inform you all.

I just started a draft on our wiki to we start documenting all options
that will appear here and to systematize our analysis there

http://wiki.okfn.org/Crowdfunding

These days discussing with a friend who runs a start up for making
free softwares for NGOs in Brazil, I recommended catarse.me and
ulule.com, but she said they'd receive in reais, so she'd prefer
kickstarter instead - she said crowdfounded projects were usually less
techy, as compared to to kickstarter, for instance, but we have to
improve here, I think.

This is really important topic and we have to analyse all the goods
and odds of the solutions available.

Tom