[okfn-discuss] Data Hub for Linked Data Applications

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Thu Jan 12 12:22:46 UTC 2012

> I'm wondering if there is any plan to include in the Data Hub Linked Data
> Applications.
>
> The data consumer side of the moon!

I agree, highlighting applicationss for the data would be a valuable
addition to thedatahub.org :-)

Each dataset has a number of Resources which are primarily links to
the data, but I think it is reasonable to link to a related
application or news item. We used to have a 'comments' which was good
for this, but it wasn't used much.

Some work has been done on a CKAN extension to provide a more advanced
catalogue of applications: https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-apps a bit
more along the lines of http://data.gov.uk/apps We don't have resource
to do it at the moment, but would love to hear from coding volunteers
willing to complete it.

David