[okfn-discuss] Cyclone Phailin: Datasets and helpers wanted

Heather Leson heather.leson at okfn.org
Sat Oct 12 13:19:52 UTC 2013

Hi folks, this might be a slightly offtopic topic. I am part of a community
of Crisismappers. We track data and map during emergencies. There is a data
scramble for the Cyclone India

Contact: josephrichardpollack <josephrichardpollack at gmail.com>

What happens with the data: The team is working to collaborate with
official agencies.

Big needs:
Data scramblers (hunt for data)
Data cleaners (Regex)
Data sets: Hospitals, Medical facilities by region

We work with open data sets.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AppW8Gi1zVHtdFFHSGViaEY5Y1NsYi1lc1NTTExxT1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

More details:

CrisisMappers bootstrapped today and launched the crowdsourced version of
the Google.org crisis map with 3 major information needs at this point:
http://google.org/crisismap/a/gmail.com/2013-phailin-cyclone
We shall be continuing the effort and are syncing with on-ground relief
teams, and get a kind of formal activation to DHN.

For information about the effort, please see info sheet:
here<https://docs.google.com/a/knoesis.org/document/d/1jAWzKP_Fhs5rzxzTChjvaDWNH319aHIzPywr327G0Xs/edit#>
.

Thank you,

--

Heather Leson, Community Manager,  Local Groups Network
IRC/skype: heatherleson  | @heatherleson <https://twitter.com/heatherleson>

*Empowering through Open Knowledge
*
http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on