[okfn-discuss] Joining OKF - Heather Leson

Heather Leson heather.leson at okfn.org
Mon Sep 23 13:27:16 UTC 2013

HI everyone,

OKCON was a blast and an awesome way to begin my journey as an OKF-Staffer.
Fortunately, I met a number of you in person. For those I did not meet,
we'll just have to connect online and in person.

By way of introduction, I've joined the Network Team as a Community
Manager.

In the past years, I've volunteered on building community in Toronto's arts
and tech scene (Scream in High Park, Podcamp, Toronto Girl Geek Dinners) as
well as Mozilla, RHOK, CrisisCommons, Crisismappers, Ushahidi and the
Standby Task Force. My previous role was the Director of Community at
Ushahidi<http://blog.ushahidi.com/2013/09/05/thank-you-this-community-rocks/>.
I'm passionate about global storytelling, citizen voices, excellent
software, collaboration, localization and open everything. My background is
in libraries and the OSI stack (Network, Application). I believe we can
create a better world if we all lend a digital hand. This means that our
job is to build open with packets (small and large asks) helping people
make meaningful contributions.

I can't wait to meet you, share and learn how to build with you at OKF.

*How to Reach me:*
Email : heather.leson at okfn.org
Twitter <https://twitter.com/heatherleson>
Personal blog <http://textontechs.com/>
IRC  #OKF (heatherleson) | Skype heatherleson

Onward,

Heather