[open-data-day] Hello Open Data Dayers from London

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Sat Dec 3 12:19:28 GMT 2011

Good morning Open Data Hackers!

The team from London welcomes you to 'Seize the (Data) Day'. We're online
making open data happen and offering help with scraping, wrangling and much
data fun.

So far, we have:
* a team working to help with the IATI
challenges<http://www.aidinfolabs.org/archives/773>
* someone from the UK National Audit Office has just dropped in to see what
is going on, and to talk about OpenSpending (See the
OpenSpending<http://www.opendataday.org/wiki/OpenSpending> challenges
- get hold of your local data and convert it into the OpenSpending
format) .
* The CKAN team data wrangling and willing to scrape, wrangle and mould
data to get the stuff you need to work on and load it into the DataHub

The day is totally flexible, please *feel free to spread the offer to
journalists, CSOs and interested wranglers*!

Add the datasets you're working on to <goog_1366767256>*theDataHub's Open
Data Day group <http://thedatahub.org/group/open-data-day>! *Tag with
'scraping-help' or the name of the challenge you're working on, e.g. 'IATI'*
. *TheDataHub.org is the open source data hub powering data.gov.uk and
numerous other government data portals online.

Then, send us the URL to your dataset by:

* Dropping us an email via this list
* Tweeting us using the #odhdLDN hashtag
* Joining us on IRC.freenode.net (rooms #okfn (for IATI), #openspending
(for OpenSpending), #ckan (for datawrangling)

We will be hanging out and tracking progress on this etherpad:
http://ckan.okfnpad.org/opendataday - add yourself to the 'attending' list
and let us know what you are working on!

Happy wrangling,

Lucy & Ira

--
Lucy Chambers