[open-data-manual] problem for Mac user on wiki page

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Wed Jun 8 20:38:16 UTC 2011

Hi Dwight, thanks for asking.

You need to enter those commands into Terminal. However, first you will
probably need to install Mercurial (the command, hg). Atlassian provides a
nice intro, with links of how to install it.[0] Also, in order to render the
source files as HTML, we use a tool called Sphinx[1].

Let me know, privately is fine, if this is a barrier that's too high & we'll
work in some other manner. For example, the team could edit a shared
document at okfnpad.org. That way, you wont need to install anything. The
downside is that we lose the ability for everyone's local versions to play
nicely together. At the moment though, I'm mostly interested in bringing
people in to help.

I have drafted a document, named the "Participation Guide"[2]. It would be
useful if you could look through this with your OS X eyes and suggest
improvements to it.

Tim McNamara
Professional \\  paperlessprojects.com
Personal \\  @timClicks <http://twitter.com/timClicks>  |  timmcnamara.co.nz