[open-data-manual] Options for text management system for Open Data Manual

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jun 16 14:47:26 UTC 2011

Hi Tim,

I know we had a discussion earlier on about text management options
for the manual. Could you post these on the wiki (I seem to have
mislaid the location).

Also I'm wondering whether a dual wordpress + sphinx option might not
be good. We just use wordpress for frontpage and possibly new updates
and use sphinx for manual itself. Url setup would be like:

http://opendatamanual.org/ <- wordpress
http://opendatamanual.org/en/ <- english version of manual
http://opendatamanual.org/de/ <- german version of manual
etc

Alternatively if we cannot have different langs at different urls
(still not completely clear on i18n for the manual) we could have:

http://opendatamanual.org/m/ <- the manual itself

What do people think?

Regards,

Rufus