[open-data-manual] some additional material for the open data manual?

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:02:58 UTC 2011

Hi all,

A few weeks ago the SharePSI workshop took place which discussed barriers to
open government data, as well as drivers and solutions to overcome those
barriers. From the transcript of the workshop I have lifted all mentions of
barriers and ways to overcome them.
I have been mapping these barriers (just under 100), and am still mapping
the mentioned solutions and drivers (160+), and together they may provide a
way to help those involved in opening up data to disentangle all the various
concerns, questions, worries and problems they see or feel. When I'm done
with mapping the solutions, this may be a resource to add to the manual, or
something to work into a 'change manual' to help people to transition to
making openness the default.

The barriers can be found at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/epsiplatform/5737203950/in/photostream and
links in that image lead to more detailed close-ups.

Curious to hear your thoughts and feedback if this is something that could
be made useful for the manual.

best,

Ton
Interdependent Thoughts