[open-data-manual] New logo for the manual - a few designs

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Sep 14 11:47:05 UTC 2011

On 13 September 2011 05:11, Tim McNamara <tim.mcnamara at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having some technical difficulties with OKFN's Wordpress wikis,
> but wanted to get your opinions. It would be great if the Open Data
> Manual could have a distinct logo. I have uploaded a few ideas and
> their .svg source files:
> http://www.wuala.com/timClicks/OKFN/odm-logos/
>
> Feedback very welcome.

Great stuff Tim. My favourite is the first (top left -- incl spanner).
Suggestions:

a) Think you want symbols (spanner etc) more prominent. What about
either a) having an open book with symbols on left and right hand side
pages b) have a closed book but shown front on (can still be clear it
is book by seeing side of book as as well (if book at very slight
angle)

b) Optional. Create a dooble voting poll for these. You'll likely get
more feedback that way (you could also ping okfn-discuss)

Rufus