[open-data-manual] List name change and a sneak preview of Open Data Handbook v1.0!

Laura Newman laura.newman at okfn.org
Fri Feb 17 13:28:14 GMT 2012

Hi everyone,

Thanks to your hard work, we are almost ready to announce the launch of
v1.0 of the Open Data Handbook! You can take a peek at
http://opendatahandbook.org/. The official announcement will be publicised
next Tuesday, so keep an eye on the OKFN blog.

Also, be aware that **the name of this mailing list will be changing**.
Because of the name change to Open Data Handbook,
open-data-manual at lists.okfn.org will become
open-data-handbook at lists.okfn.org as of next Tuesday. There is no need to
take action now, but if you use filters be aware that you may need to
re-set them.

Finally, we would love to get the Open Data Handbook translated into as
many languages as possible! We will be doing a big push for translators
next week, but if any of you are linguists and would like to get started
early, go to https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/opendatahandbook/ and
sign up. Instructions can be found
http://wiki.okfn.org/Projects/Open_Data_Handbook#Translator.

It's really exciting to see this all coming together, and I look forward to
sharing the Open Data Handbook with the world next week. Thanks everyone!!

Kind regards,
Laura

--
Laura Newman